“Cakes, Biscuits and Slices” Book (note: this book is available outside of Australia too).
Here’s the full recipe:
250g (9oz) butter, chopped
2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
2 teaspoons lime ring, grated
180g (6oz) white chocolate, broken into pieces
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup self-raising flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
140ml (5fl oz) coconut cream
360g (12oz) white chocolate
1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
1 teaspoon lime rind, grated
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (310°F). Grease and line a 20cm (8in) round cake tin with baking paper.
2. Place butter, rinds, chocolate, sugar and milk in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool for 15 minutes.
3. Sift flours into a large bowl. Add egg and mixture from the saucepan and stir to combine. Pour mixture into prepared cake tin.
4. Bake in oven for approximately 1h 40 minutes. Cool cake in pan.
5. For the chocolate ganache, bring coconut cream to boil in a small saucepan over low heat. Place chocolate and rinds in a medium bowl. Add the hot cream and stir until chocolate is melted and ganache is smooth. Cool in refrigerator or on bench top until ganache is spreadable.
6. Spread ganache over cooled cake and serve!
This is one of those cakes that gets richer with time. Yummy! Here’s a birthday shot, although the camera settings were a bit off…
Do you make your own birthday cake?(This post contains affiliate links to Book Depository, my favourite book store – US and UK based with free shipping world-wide.)