Thanks to Tervis for sponsoring my writing. Visit their website http://www.tervis.com to learn more about the world’s first smart cup.
Lifestyles of the Stay-at-Home Mum: sounds glamorous? I’d love to say I spend my days lounging around the pool, sipping mocktails while my kids play happily , but the reality is my days are filled with changing nappies, cleaning up the trail of destruction that follows my kids around and trying to sneak in some crafting.
- Clean before the mess spreads. It doesn’t matter what I feed my son, he leaves a trail of crumbs (actually, my baby girl does this too now!). Quick clean up can prevent the whole house from becoming crunchy underfoot!
- Keep cleaning tools on hand. I don’t want to spend all day cleaning, but having cleaning cloths, all purpose cleaning spray and dustpans stashed in drawers and cupboards makes quick spot-cleaning easy.
- Share the load. Train everyone (as best you can) to keep things tidy. Create clean-as-you-go habits and routine chores for all family members so it’s not all up to you. My 2 year old’s first chore is to unpack the cutlery from the dishwasher and he actually did a brilliant job removing his dirty marks from the walls!
- Think like a cleaner. If you were to hire someone to regularly clean your house, how long would it take them? 2-4 hours once a week or fortnight (depending on the size of your place). How do they do it? They work quickly, don’t get hung up on the making things perfect and are organised.
- Only own what you’re happy to clean. I don’t like dusting decorations, so I don’t have a lot on display in my house. I don’t have more stuff than I can shove into cupboards and drawers (although it does feel like we’re starting to get over-run by toys). Think “where can I store this?” before you buy.
- Avoid double-handling. Take the extra 10 seconds and put things away properly. Hang up your towel, put your dirty clothes in the basket, hang up your jacket
I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective. To learn more about Tervis, visit their website http://www.tervis.com.